maanantai 8. helmikuuta 2016

The countdown is about to start...

It's been a while. I've been busy with all sorts of things, doing nothing among others. No, seriously, there's a book exam I've been studying for which I can't really make sense of, hope that a revision night with a friend will shed some light on the issues. I'm also organizing a conversation workshop at my old junior high school, which has occupied my mind a bit recently. But luckily, on Wednesday it'll be over and on Friday the exam, and then I can start concentrating on getting my life here in order for the big move, and starting to say goodbye.

Which is sort of silly, 'cause I am coming back in five short months. Still, it has started to really hit me that it's not just a light two-week vacation, after which I go back to the old routines. I am actually moving again, my new address just happens to be situated far, far away. And after that, I hope I'll be mostly the same but also a bit different. It's been pretty emotional for me these past few weeks, but I know that it'll be totally worth it in the end.

I am the kind of person who can't do something like this very lightly. I care so much about everyone around me as well as my personal habits and ways of doing things, that this will be a big adjustment. I start pondering it all in my head and it gets totally out of hand, like "I am definitely going to get lost at the airport" and "I wonder if they even have any of the same groceries at the store there", but then I try to think about the fact that so many others have done the same thing before, and they've all done just fine. But of course, the new things can be scary, and they are, especially for someone slightly obsessed with controlling things like me.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti