maanantai 7. maaliskuuta 2016

Under the same stars

I climbed to the terrace on the third floor, and felt the cool breeze, which was the most welcomed greeting. I looked around the darkening evening and saw houses of strangers, lights of traffic and the shadow of the sun. I looked up and I saw the stars, and I was calm. I think this is it, this will be all I needed and all I could never even ask for. 

Since I arrived here in Lima on Wednesday morning, it's been like an emotional roller coaster. I've seen a lot already, I've struggled in the heat but I am still grateful to be in the summer and I've met people who will most likely become a lot closer to me during these few months. I've felt excited, scared, grateful, insecure, happy, sad in so many shades, and I've only been here for five days. It's been quite the culture shock, I have to admit. At times I feel like I'm living the perfect life, at times I feel so distant to myself, like I don't recognize this person trying to adapt to this life here.

One week down, twenty more to go and I am confident that those following ones will show me things I've never seen, places I couldn't have even imagined to visit, people who will become important and experiences that teach me things about life and myself. 

I breathed the cool air, and decided I will survive this. I am here, this is real and happening now, and as much as I still sometimes can't believe it, I am. And I reminded myself that even though I am far from home, I am under the same stars.





www.maisanmatkablogi.blogspot.fi 

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti